What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I change the modify reservation link to embed a graphic?Asked by rujelsma on August 13, 2013 at 06:23 PM
When someone registers, I have the system set to send them an e-mail with their registration information. But the edit your infomation link is so small that the registrants do not see it and often delete the e-mail.
So many do have that link available to them. When they try to go back in and edit their current information, they are looking for a "modify Reservation" link on my webpage for them to click and pul up their reservation.
But if they are not at the computer they originally registered at, when they try to go back into their reservation, there does not seem to be a way to get it to pre-populate their information.
Is there any way to get the rest of their information to pre-populate? These are business men that are used to going back online and putting in theri e-mail & password and getting to their original information. They will not be bothered with re-completing all the information so they then call or e-mail the changes which is very time consuming and my co-workers are having a fit that they need to do all the extra work of modifying people's reservations.
Or they actually do re-register, so we have 2 registrations for the same person.
Thsi only effects the Sponsors as the participants have no need to go back into their original reservation.
Thank you for any assistance with this.
style size font assistance
Hello,You can achieve this via a URL on the thank you page that will also be emailed to your form users so that they can use it to access the pre-populated Form.Here's how it works, JotForm has an amazing feature that saves the forms for each unique user and for each page the form is filled. That way your users will be able to continue to fill out your forms whenever they are available. But, the tricky part is you have to keep a session id. Also, the save function is only available with the page break tool. Lets start the process:
NOTE : As a matter of fact , our session system will not be able to handle a large amount of records in dropdown menus. So please be aware of it, before to implement this method
1. Create a form to get name and e-mail. On the title explain the user why this is necessary. This will be referred as the first form from now on.
First Form Example:
2. Create another form that they will be redirected to. This will be referred as the main form from now on.
Main Form Example:
** By the way, did you notice that our page break buttons’ text are both editable? Select the page break form. Then, from the top toolbar select the button to edit the text of the button. **
3. When main form is finished click “preview” and then click “Open in new tab” button.
4. On the new tab copy the URL.
5. Close the tab and go to “my forms” and click “edit” on the first form you created.
6. On your first form go to “Email Alerts” and click “add new email” button.
7. Select the “Autoresponder Email” and click “next”
8. Enter your name and e-mail. Recipient E-mail field should be related with the E-mail form on your form. So it should be E-mail by default. If it is not selected please select E-mail. Click Next.
9. Erase all the data in the text area and write something meaningful for the user. Because this will be sent to his/her email.
10. Copy the URL that you have from your main form and at the end of the URL add a question mark “?”, after the question mark write “session”, next to it add the equals “=” sign and click E-mail on the form fields. So far your URL should look like this:
After you have written “?session=” select E-mail from the right corner of the page which is in “Form Fields”.
Select the URL and Copy. While selected, click on insert/edit link button.
A new window will pop-up and paste your link on the link/URL blank space and click “insert”.
11. Click Finish on the E-mail autoresponder menu.
We've covered the part where our main form will be emailed to our users when they submit their names and e-mail addresses. They will be able to complete their forms whenever they want from their e-mails. However, we also need to do a redirect page after they have submitted the first form.
12. At the first form go to “Setup & Embed” tab and click “Thank You”
13. Select the 3rd button “Thank You message” and click next.
14. Erase all data inside and create a message that explains to your users why they have to be directed to a new page.
15. Copy the final URL from step #10 - #11 and do same steps to insert the URL.
16. Click Finish.17. Make sure to Save your forms just in case and go for a try!Here's the sample on how the form will work (Kindly test an actual submission to this form): http://form.jotformpro.com/form/30187748029965?Note: This 'Save & Continue' feature will not work if you have a Captcha field on the second (main) form. Simply remove that Captcha field or switch it to 'reCaptcha' mode in order to resolve the issue.Kindly let us know if you have further questions or inquiry.Thank you for using JotForm