- nicobach1Asked on August 16, 2013 at 07:19 PM
each form that gets submitted has a unique id, but i need my custmers to see the unique id that gets sent. how can i display the unique id field to my customers?
- khrisellAnswered on August 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
You can show the unique ID to your customer on your thank you page.
Kindly follow the instruction below to be able to achieve that.
You need to copy the tag name under the Unique ID properties.
Click the Properties Icon>> Then go to Show Properties.
The properties window will show up. And the Name tag is located at the bottom.
You need to copy that.
Once you copied the Tag, you need to paste that on your than you page.
Go to Setup & Embed>>Thank you>> Thank you Message and click Next.
You need to paste the tag on the HTML editor as seen below.
Once you paste the Unique Code tag, Your form will work this way.
Now you can see the Unique Code on the Thank you page. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm. :)
- egil500Answered on March 17, 2014 at 04:32 AM
Is it possible to make the unique id show in the form itself, and is it possible to make it as a field to be included in the calculations
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 09:25 AM
I have created a ticket about this. It is currently not possible.
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 04:00 PM
We've currently cancelled this request. The reason is that it is not practical or possible. It is not known whether a user will (or how fast they will) complete a form. If three people load the form and it shows them UID_1,UID_2 and UID_3 and then the second person does not complete the form, there will be a gap in the ids. This is exactly the opposite of what the unique ID feature is designed to do. People expect the uids to be sequential.
We may explore another way to accomplish this in the future. For the time being unique IDs are determined at the time of form submission in which case they can't be displayed within the form itself.
Thank you for the feedback.
- iiilucky1iiiAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 02:44 PMIts kind of unfortunate you have cancelled the request because you have deemed it not practical for us users. Because there is a function within the Unique ID widget to set-up a prefix, I can can give each user a separate form with its own unique prefix; thus the form would never run into the issue of completing the form at the same time. Regardless, I use my forms as Sales Order Cards, for my sales guys that are on the road. It would be nice if they could see what Order Number they are on to exchange that PO# with the client they are currently working with.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 06:33 PM
I moved your report to this thread : http://www.jotform.com/answers/752721
We will assist you there.