- mminixAsked on May 16, 2011 at 12:58 PM
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on May 17, 2011 at 05:23 AM
I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean by FTP upload.
As of the moment JotForm allows visitors to upload a file using the form and
by default these files are securely saved in our file servers.
You can retrieve them by logging in to your JotForm account and going to
the Submissions Page or email (if email alerts is configured).
Just recently, we have introduced our JotForm-Dropbox integration. With this new feature, it is possible for you to send the uploaded files directly to your computer.
For more information about JotForm-Dropbox integration, please check out the following lnks:
Note that you have to sign up for a Dropbox account first in order to use this feature. Please click here to create a Dropbox account for free.
Let us know if you have further questions.
Hope this helps.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 17, 2011 at 05:29 AM
To enable ftp upload for your form:
1. Go to My Forms, click on the form that you want to enable ftp in then click Submissions button
2. Click the settings icon to the right side of the submissions page
3. Click Send Uploads to FTP
4. Enter your ftp credentials in the FTP Integration Wizard, then click Next
5. Configure the folders and directory where you want your uploads to be saved. Click Finish
Let me know if you have questions or if you need clarifications regarding the steps I outlined above.