- Jimmy.vansantenAsked on August 23, 2013 at 06:10 AM
I have had an unread submission notification for my form, yet they all have been read. How do I get rid of it? Hasn't happened before and it seems to notice me reading the new applications as it did today when we acctually had a new application and the unread messages went from 2 to 1...
Jimmy van Santen
- EliezerNAnswered on August 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Thanks for contacting us.
It seems I'm having troubles to completely understand your concern. Are you refering that one of your form submissions appear as unread when you actually have read it? If so, you should try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. I have cleared your form caches and you also do it from your Account page by following the steps in the image below:
Please let us know if that helps or if you need further assistance.
- Jimmy.vansantenAnswered on August 27, 2013 at 09:04 AM
Thanks for your response, however this has not solved the problem... I am indeed referring to the problem that one of my form submissions appears as unread, yet all applications have been dealt with...
I know the issue is minor, however I hope we can resolve it.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
There seems to be some slight glitch there. I too tried clearing the cache to remove the indicator but it didn't work. I've submitted a ticket for you.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 31, 2013 at 08:00 AM
The solution is to do a "Mark All Submissions as Read" on My Forms page.
- Jimmy.vansantenAnswered on August 31, 2013 at 08:33 AM
Thanks for this... really appreciate this
- abcmanagementAnswered on August 31, 2013 at 09:23 AM
I have the same problem. It said I have 7 submission, but I can only read 3, the it shows 4 unread.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I have marked the submissions as read, as per Aytekin's solution above. Somehow, I forgot that that is the (simple) procedure whenever submissions appear as "unread" when they have in fact been viewed.