- tsinternationalAsked on August 23, 2013 at 05:53 PM
somebody mentioned in a thread earlier in 2010, that
1. Login to the Merchant Interface ( https://secure.authorize.net ),
2. Click on Settings and Profile -> Payment Form -> Form Fields,
3. Uncheck the Required box for all Phone and Email fields.
in the thread
but the thing is i cannot remove the required check boxex, because according to our merchant provider and to follow compliance , we have to take customer's phone number and email address, its 2013 now, its been 3 years since you guys mentioned that you are working on it.
can you please provide a solution, our monthly transactions are 40,000 + and right now im highly depending on jotform.co for our company's main frontend system.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Hello tsinternational. If you cannot remove the required check boxes because you need it to follow compliance, then you need to simply add a phone number field on your form and set it to 'required'. The phone number field that you'll insert is going to be automatically included to the submission to Authorize.net
Please let us know if you have other questions or concerns.
- tsinternationalAnswered on August 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
hi, thanks for your reply.
so if i understand it correctly, if i put a field of phone number before the authorize.net option in my form and mark it as required, it will be automatically be passed on to authorize.net database ?
secondly we also have to take these values in authorize.net apart from first name and last name:
Zip/Postal Code :
so if i also add these fields in the jotform form, and mark it as required, will they also be automatically passed on to authorize.net servers ?
please help me understand this.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 24, 2013 at 06:24 PM
Yes, that is correct. Authorize.net would capture the Phone Number field automatically.
Yes, those fields should also be captured by Authorize.net, if not, please get back to us by creating another thread so we can check and forward to our developers.