What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Dropbox integrationAsked by shawnlennie on August 26, 2013 at 07:43 PM
I understand you have dropbox integration but i'm wondering if in the form the user could specify the location that the file is supposed to? ie: could they send the same file to the same dropbox folder?
I'm considering signing up for a paid plan but want to see if this is available first.
If you are referring to a form that a user can select a folder name before submitting, I think jotform doesn't have that functionality. What jotform does is it creates a folder named Jotform in your dropbox account and with regards to your example that if user can upload same file the answer to that is Yes. Dropbox creates new folder everytime you submit a form. I have attached some sample pics. You may also check this link for more info https://www.jotform.com/help/77-Where-can-I-find-the-DropBox-integration
I hope that helps. :)
If you want to customize the folder in which you want the submissions and uploads to go, I believe that's possible.
Here are the steps to achieve this:
1. Add a upload field in your form and integrate it with your Dropbox account.
2. Go to "My Forms".
3. From the list of forms, select the form which is integrated with DropBox.
4. Click on "Submissions" from the toolbar.
5. In the submission page, click on the "Gear" looking icon on the top right corner.
6. Click on "Manage Integration"
7. Select the folder name from the list.
8. You can select "No Folder" from the list which will then upload all files (uploads and the submission pdf) in the root folder.
Hope this helps.