- Mike ScottAsked on September 02, 2013 at 02:18 PM
I'm trying to sign up for service, and I've tried many different usernames - even random key combos such as "khvhfdgkbn" - but I get the error "username already taken". Any suggestions?Page URL:
- KadeJMAnswered on September 02, 2013 at 03:53 PM
Hello Mike, I'm sorry to hear that this is giving you trouble. We've just done a few tests on this but at the moment we seem to be unable to replicate this issue. So here's what I want you to do.
(1) First try Clearing your Browser Cache then attempt to Sign Up for a New Account to see if that works.
(2) If that doesn't work then, try using a different browser but should that fail then please try doing it using Chrome's Incognito Feature and see if this lets you sign up for an Account.
(3) Should the problem still continue past that then can you please provide us with some Screenshots of what you are seeing. Also please let us know which browser and browser version and on what Operating System. Additionally, can you provide us with the Error Log if any is displaying.
You can refer to this page https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/147/checking-for-errors-in-browsers which gives further instruction on how to further view the physical "Error Logs" via a Developer Console in common browsers. If any is found please share this data with us so that we can help you more. But if the problem is still happening and any of this is too confusing then you may disregard it as I do not want to frustrate you more then you might already be.
Example of how to access this via Chrome (will vary in other browsers):
- KadeJMAnswered on September 02, 2013 at 04:01 PM
Also, I have escalated this thread to ensure that this information and problem is known along with passed on to our Development Team so that just in case we are able to figure out something beforehand then we'll let you know. And also that any additional information you can provide us with in regards to this problem is greatly appreciated if any.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 07:48 AM
It was a temporary error, and it's fixed now,