- lifebydesignsAsked on September 03, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I have over 50 client forms on my account, and every single form field disappeared. I had to manually go in and add them all in again, and I don't even have the question and answer, only putting the answer in, so this has not even been fully restored to the proper format. If my clients complain, I'll need to manually insert every single item again. This is costing me valuable time and money.
This also is not the first time this has happened to my client forms. I do have the upgrade package, and losing this information is just unacceptable!
- EliezerNAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 12:45 PM
We deeply apologize for the inconveniences that may have caused.
This could be a browser related issue, we have not received reports about this issue recently and we have not been able to reproduce the issue. However this has happened to other users before and it's been related to the browser or the OS. Could you please let us know which browser and OS you are using? In that way we can further investigate. I would recommend you to clone your forms before doing any change, in that way you'll avoid to loose your forms.
- lifebydesignsAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 01:09 PM
The issue has happened with both Safari and Chrome. The only change I did was remove an email from notification.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Could you please provide us with additional information about this issue?
Is this related to the form Submissions (entries submitted by form users) or the form fields on the editor? Are you facing this issue on some single form or on many forms? In case this is related to the single form, please provide us with the form name/ID.
- lifebydesignsAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 02:40 PM
The issue was with every single form, about 50, that the only thing I modified was to remove an email from notification. Then I saved the form. I didn't realize anything was amiss until clients started notifying me they were getting no information from their form submissions. When I checked under notification, every single form had nothing populated in the questions and answers email, it simply said "undefined".
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 03:51 PM
We are truly sorry for the troubles caused.
As far as I understood, all your form Email Notifications were affected. This is quite strange issue, as we are not getting any similar reports from other users. I have also picked a random form (dated from 2011) on your account and checked the Email Notification. The Questions and Answers are populated there, so probably it was autofixed somehow.
If you notice the issue again, please let us know immediately. Also, if possible please leave at least one form with undefined error on it.
Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter.
- lifebydesignsAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 04:32 PMNo, the one you checked wasn't modified. All the ones that changed, as I've said, I removed an email notification from them on Aug 28, that's when the issue started. I've since fixed them today, so if you check any of the ones with modification date of Sept 3, you'll see the questions and answers are not as they were and did not auto correct themselves.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 03, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Thank you for provided details. It is still not clear how that happened, so we will keep monitoring the email alerts. Once we can reproduce it, we will do our best to find the source of this and fix it at once.