- linux239Asked on September 06, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I am trying to creat a registration form. My users can be vareid from one user to up to 10. I dont want the user to have to fill out the form 10 seperate times if they are going to input 10 people. SO example would be Asking how many users your reuqesting this for. User inputs 3 so then 3 fileds show up with first name last name email and title and phone. if the user answeres that question with 4 the the same fields appear 4 times. If they put 10 then the fields requeired appear 10 times for input. I hope I am asking my question clearly. I also would like it to not creat any fields if the first question is 0 or less then 0. Please advise what is the best fastes way to be able to do that. Thank you in advance.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 10:43 AM
The best and fastest way to create such form is actually quite simple. Here are the steps:
1. Create a new form in your builder.
2. Add a dropdown to ask how many user is to be created.
3. Add a form collapse field in your form which is under "Survey Tools"
4. Add all the question you need to ask your user under this form collapse.
5. Use "Manage Multiple Fields" feature to duplicate all the fields you have created including the form collapse(excluding dropdpwn). Here is a guide for your help: https://www.jotform.com/help/242-How-to-Manage-Multiple-Fields
6. Now you can use the "Conditions" feature to show/hide these form collapse based on the value of dropdown user selects.
These guides should also be helpful:
Hope this helps.
- DPCREATEAnswered on June 30, 2015 at 07:59 AM
this doesn't work as it requires the duplicates to exist an unknow number of times first
the logic i want is a whole lot simpler, please explain how to achieve this.
Dropdown user selects the number
The form section is shown that number of times i.e. 5 is shown 5 times
The above method does not allow this - to show section dropdown value of times
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 30, 2015 at 09:46 AM
This is a very old thread. I have moved your question to a new thread and you will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/599793