- whawthorneiiAsked on May 20, 2011 at 05:40 PM
Now I want to be able to use it with my iPad through yuor App. Please advise.
I also have created a form that I want to share with my colleagues. Please advise.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on May 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Forms created with JotForm are optimized to work with iPad. We have tested
both JotForm Form Builder and the forms on iPad, both worked fine. Just open
the form using Safari, Opera Mini or one of the other iPad browsers . iPad is
considered a mobile computer, you should be able to fill out forms using that
device just like in desktops and laptops. However you need to be connected to
the internet to edit the Form in JotForm.
AS for your 2nd question you can share the form results with others using
the excel report feed. You can visit the following link for more information:
Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on August 01, 2012 at 07:16 AMNot sure about the ability to edit with iPad. I have an iPad 3 and I can't open a form to edit it. None of the buttons to (edit, preview and more) do anything more than turn grey when I try opening them. The rest seems to work fine but of. Course that doesn't really help unless I want to browse the forum or look at templates. Icab mobile, Opera mini, Ilunascape, Safari...none of these work.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 01, 2012 at 03:41 PM
Although forms created with our app are mobile-friendly, the JotForm web application itself isn't. JotForm builder is optimized to work in a full-sized "mouse & keyboard" computer, rather than a touchscreen mobile device.
In the future, we might release updates to make it mobile-friendly, but in the meantime, you'll have to use a computer to edit your forms.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on August 01, 2012 at 07:35 PM
" forms created with our app"?
Does this mean I can use the app to create forms? I have downloaded it to my ipad but I can't see anyhting that allows me to use it to create a form.
Can you please insert a link here to the correct app (if there is more than one). Some instructions as to how to create an a form with the app would be great.
I have downloaded this one: http://itunes.apple.com/app/jotform/id342896040?mt=8
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 01, 2012 at 08:01 PM
We are sorry for misunderstanding.
I believe that Neil was talking about web app, in other words about our online form builder - http://www.jotform.com/.
Unfortunately, there is no way to create forms via our iPhone/iPad App.
Another thing that you may try is to use some other browser on your mobile devices. For example, form builder seems to be fine on a Blackberry Playbook tablet browser, but still we can not guarantee that it can be run properly on other mobile devices due to their limitations.
Thank you for using our services.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on August 01, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Ok thanks for clearing that up?
- 1417268Answered on July 24, 2013 at 09:38 AM
I just managed to create my first jotform on my iPad2!
The 2 browsers that are working for me are in the Apple (and Google) AppStore:
- Photon Browser (with web mode enabled). Just go to setup, mode: webmode
- Puffin Web Browser (the blue one, the green one is free and may be slower.)
The reason they work:
- They emulate a remote computer (connect to a virtual computer from Photon or Puffin).
- The remote computer can edit the forms.
Can I please ask a Android users to check, that these 2 browsers also work on their devices as well (phones and tablets), as I don't have Android devices? Thanks.
If I could wish: I would ask Jotform, to give us a time estimation, about when portable form creation is possible like:
* a) create an app for smartphones and tablets (iPad and Android) which can also create forms?
* b) or use a mobile website that also can create jotforms on iOS and Android native smartphone and tablet browsers?
- Switching to a certain browser is only a quick fix.
- This however frees the developer to create a great portable solution ASAP, so that jotform can become even more valuable!
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards,
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 24, 2013 at 09:55 AM
Thank you for sharing this info to the forum. It should benefit other users as well.
- 1417268Answered on July 24, 2013 at 10:02 AMHi Jonathan Thank you very much.Best Regards, Patrick