- gaudolinoAsked on September 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM
When one creates/edits a form it is possible to add Submission ID field, which is visible to a creator and which holds last Submission ID. Is it possible to make it visible also to end users, so they can know whther they already kick some limit - I would name it Last Submission ID?
- EliezerNAnswered on September 10, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Thanks for contacting us.
That's possible by creating an autoresponder email and include the ID field in the body so that your users receive a copy of the form and know the submission number/ID. Now to let the user know he has kick the submission limit you will need to do some alternative workaround to give that submission limit to your form and let the user know at the same time.
After adding the Unique ID to your form, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab>Preferences>Form Limits and define the Submission limit number as the limit you want to have in the form.
2. Then Create an autoresponder and include the ID field in the body of the email. Also, also add a warning message like this " _The submission limit number of your form_ is the submission limit of this form. So, if you r submission ID is _the number again_, you wont be able to send one more submission."
Then your autoresponder body will look this way:
I Have created an example form:
Feel free to send it, you will get the autoresponder with the ID and the warning message.
I hope this helps, however, if you need further assistance, please let us know.
- gaudolinoAnswered on September 10, 2013 at 01:37 PM
Yes, I use Submission ID in email notifications. But I would need an end user to see a number of people who submitted a form beforehand, i.e. before he submits a form. I thought that if it is possible in back end, it could be also possible in a form.
- EliezerNAnswered on September 10, 2013 at 03:08 PM
So, what you need is to show the number ID in the form, so that your user can see it when filling out the form and in that way he can know the number of people that has submitted the form before him?
If that is the case, let me tell you that it can't be done with the Unique ID field, as it is a hidden field by default. However, I think there could be a workaround by applying some code to the source code of the form so that you can accomplish what you need.
I would need some time to look for a solution, so I will get back to you if I'm able to. However I can't promise anything. Will do my best to help you.
- gaudolinoAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 07:37 AMHello,
did you succeed in customizing source code of o form to provide an user
with info on number of previous submissions?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 08:25 AM
I'm not sure if I got your question correctly, what you want is to show the submission ID in to your form so the form users would be able to view it before submitting the form? If yes, this is not possible, simply because submission ID is generated in the backend after the form is submitted.
However, if you mean generate a random number and display it to your form, this is possible when you add custom scripts to your form source code. Here's an example:
Refresh the page to create random numbers.
I used this script: http://pastiebin.com/5235a5d7485b6
Customize this script to work with your form.
- Number length can be changed in the code //var string_length = 8;
- Display the generated numbers into a specific field in your form by changing input_1 (field ID). //document.getElementById('input_1').value
Let us know if you have further questions. Hope this helps. Regards!
- gaudolinoAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 08:41 AMI would like to show form users Submission ID, but not the one you wrote
about (Submission ID that is only generated after a user clicks Submit
buttton), but Submission ID of a previous form user who already sent a
submission - this ID also appears in a form editor.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 08:50 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, that's not possible with JotForm as mentioned in my first message. I'm afraid there's no workaround for that, we'll wait for my colleagues suggestion about this if they have any since I have no clue at the moment.