- pepjfAsked on September 11, 2013 at 02:23 PM
I have a couple of address and phone number fields in my form:
I would like to remove the 2nd address line and zip code fields as they are not applicable in some of the countries that the form will be filled out in. I also wanted to remove the area code fields in the phone number field so that it's just the main number box that shows up.
Can you please explain how I could make these changes.
- khrisellAnswered on September 11, 2013 at 04:08 PM
I highly suggest that instead of removing the field, you just make it not-required, this way it will become (optional). So if you wanted it to make it available, it will be there.
To be able to make it as (optional) Simply go to your Form editor>> Click the field>> Simply turn Required button of by clicking it.
But if you really wanted to remove the field you have mentioned.
You just need to go to your JotForm account and go to "My Forms" to see your forms and edit.
Once you are on your form >> Click the form and then hit edit.
Once you are on your edit mode, you will be able to modify your form. (Add/Delete fields)
But I did removed the fields you have requested on this clone I have made for you.
I have removed the Phone element, and then re-create your Phone field using Text Box option. So that there is no area code box.
Here's the instruction on how you can duplicate the clone I have created for you.
1. Copy the URL of the form that needs to be cloned. In your case it's
2. Log into your target account
3. Click on "Create Form"
4. Click on "Import Form"
5. Click on "From a Web Page" and paste the form URL
6. Click Continue and your form should be cloned.Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.Thank you for using JotForm.
- pepjfAnswered on September 11, 2013 at 05:01 PM
I saw the form you cloned, thanks. I see the text box option in place of the phone, that works for me.
But I didn't see any change you made to the address field. The address is a required field and so I can't make it optional. Is there anyway that I can remove the second address line and the zip code? thanks.
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 11, 2013 at 07:48 PM
In order to remove the second address line and zip code, you will need to deselect them from the address "Fields" option.
Hope it helps
please let us know if you need further assistance
- KlocksethAnswered on May 23, 2015 at 08:35 PM
Come on Jotform, how about creating a mobile phone field. 100% of people fill in a mobile number today. Not having it feels a little dated...
- SyedAnswered on May 23, 2015 at 09:01 PM
Could you please open a new thread, we answer one question per thread. I suggest you to open a new thread and ask question there, so that we can assist you accordingly.