- sdenterprisescorpAsked on May 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM
I have an option to upload only .mp3 files and once they are loaded in the form indicates it's not a .mp3 file?
- allanftdAnswered on May 22, 2011 at 01:24 AM
I have checked the settings of your file upload field and noticed that a dot was included in the allowed file types. Kindly remove the dot and leave only the 3-letter or 4-letter file extension (i.e. mp3, wav, jpeg) in the settings.
Please make the suggested changes and let us know how it goes. Thank you for using JotForm!
- sdenterprisescorpAnswered on May 27, 2011 at 04:34 PM
My form is currently no loading on my site or in the edit panel!
Today was the release day for the submission! Help please!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 27, 2011 at 07:21 PM
Your form is still in your account, but it only shows a submit button. You must have deleted the fields by accident. Please re-create your form and embed it again.
If you have further questions, please let us know. Thank you.
- ChavonAnswered on May 27, 2011 at 08:03 PMNot good! This form was in no way deleted by me. This was made on the date of May 22nd as complete prepared for today's release. Not sure if the hack on your site had anything to do with it on that day. Thanks
- sanchinAnswered on July 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Hi, I have a file upload problem. I thought that the problem in my website. But in jotForm also a problem. How do I fix this?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Sorry but I wasn't able to replicate your problem. I tested your form, tried to upload .jpg files and they were accepted every single time. The error that you were getting was not displayed when I tested your form.
Can you confirm if this problem still persists on your end? We'll be waiting for your responses. Thanks!
- sanchinAnswered on July 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM
There is a problem in Opera browser. In Mozilla and Chrome works fine.
Strange, because a few days ago in all browsers, worked without problems
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 21, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Thank you for reporting. From what I have gathered after testing in different browsers, it appears that Opera is the only browser which causes this error.
With that in mind, I have submitted a report ticket to notify our developers about the existence of this bug. This will be taken care of as soon as any of them becomes available.
In the meantime, you can enter an askterisk * in the Extensions option of your upload fields to allow all types of files to be uploaded.
We will let you know once the bug gets fixed. Thanks!
- sanchinAnswered on July 21, 2011 at 02:07 PM