- shpropertiesAsked on September 25, 2013 at 05:43 AM
Please see the picture attached
- shpropertiesAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 05:33 AM
Hi, the Narrative Forms doesn't do what Im wanting.
Im wanting to ask the Client their Name: for e.g., Full Name : John Smith
than questions like,
Thank you John Smith, please tell us your date of birth,
Do you currently work John Smith
ect ect? Do you get what I mean?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 07:14 AM
It is possible to achieve your requirement by adding custom code in your form's source code.
Are you okay with that? Please be noted that if you embed your form using source code, any changes you make in your form editor will not be available in your website. You will have to download your form's source code and implement the workaround again.
Do get back to us if you are okay with this and I will be happy to provide you the work around.
- shpropertiesAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 08:09 AM
Can you do an example on this sample form please http://form.jotform.co/form/32672397500859
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 08:30 AM
Sure. I will create a demo for you.
I will get back to you on this by tomorrow.
- shpropertiesAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 08:32 AM
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 29, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Sorry for the delayed response.
I have created the demo as you requested. Please check your form on this url: https://shots.jotform.com/ashwin/Display_Textbox_value_in_labels/Hello%20_Name_.html
Do test this form and let me know if this is what you are looking for.
- shpropertiesAnswered on September 30, 2013 at 06:04 AM
That is exactly what I am looking for.
What was the custom CSS that you put in?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 30, 2013 at 07:10 AM
So, the function is saying, "Find the element whose ID is show_name_1 and populate its innerHTML (the initially empty area between its opening and closing tags) with the whatever exists in the 'What is your name' textbox on blur (onblur)."
That is what's happening in a nutshell but should you need further assistance, we'll be happy to help.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 30, 2013 at 07:14 AM
I forgot to mention that
// document.forms["form_32672397500859"]["show_name_1"].value = "Test";
is just a comment and has no effect.