- RickGregoryAsked on September 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I noticed that when reaching the configured Message Entry Limit, the user can continue to type even though the Limit line is highlighted in red, which I assume is to get the attention of the user to look at the entry limit value.
Is there a way to
(1) Prevent additional characters from being typed? and /or . . .
(2) Is there a way to enter a Error Message in the highighted area that alerts the user they have reached the maximum number of words?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 27, 2013 at 05:34 PM
(1) - I'm afraid that it is not possible to prevent the user on keep typing when it reaches the word limit.
(2) - It is possible by using a CSS trick in order to change the content of the error class, try by injecting this cutom css to your form:
content: "\2190 Word Limit Error";
How to inject custom CSS
Also check this example I made for you
Feel free to clone it for your own use:
Hope it helps
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 27, 2013 at 07:53 PM
for some reason your last post come blank, could you repost it by using this link: