- jimuk69Asked on October 02, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Am I missing something? I have installed the plug in, and yes see the button in the page editor. Clicking on it does nothing. I can't see how it would know what my Jotform account is to bring me back a list of forms to use, so where do I set that up?.
This is a re-post of a comment on Embed Form Plugin for Wordpress
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 02, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I've replicated the problem on Firefox browser, thanks for reporting. I think our developers has been made aware to this already. I'm sure they'll work on this soon.
May I suggest you to try it with Chrome browser for now. It should work. Or, if you want to stay with Firefox browser, here's a manual way of embedding the form. It's pretty easy. :)
1. Since the plugin is already installed, you can still use the short codes method. e.g. [jotform id="30285081291955"] where the long numbers is your form ID. Here's how to get your form ID.
2. You can do that directly on the post or page area. Example:
Hope this helps. Thanks!
- fitz69Answered on October 02, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Thanks for the update, as long as I can use it in Chrome thats fine, it was just that your explanation of how it functioned didn't mention the pop up and the logging into my Jotform account, which was why I was a little lost. Maybe that could be added in the explaination? I've been able to make it function in the past by taking the Wordpress embed code from Jotform and pasting it into a WP page. Thats been fine. Also Ive just installed your feedback button plug in, which is useful as I've only been able to apply it to individual pages before and can now see it from the whole site. I did however notice that when you remove everything out of the settings area and saved, it did leave a visible tab behind, which I could only get rid of by deactivating the plug in.
- fitz69Answered on October 02, 2013 at 12:23 PM
ps sorry was logged into wrong account when I replied.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 02, 2013 at 04:23 PM
You were referring to the installation guide from the WP Plugin page, right? This Link: http://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-form/installation/. I have this noted to the report.
I would suggest opening a new thread for your report about the Feedback Button Plugin. This way, we can create a separate report for that.
- jimuk69Answered on October 02, 2013 at 04:40 PM
No wasn't referring to that Wordpress page, it was something on Jotform explaining the plug in. I can't locate which page now, but was on a forum page I initially replied to. Also the "Visit plug in site" option on Wordpress just came to this page http://www.jotform.com/labs/wordpress.
OK will do a new thread for the Feedback button.
- jimuk69Answered on October 02, 2013 at 04:50 PM
this was the page:
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on October 02, 2013 at 05:52 PM
I can see that there is an already opened ticket assigned to one of our developers about the issue of this forum thread, related with the link that you mention too. as soon as we get some news about its status we will let you know.