- EllenEmmerichAsked on October 03, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I'd like instructions for setting up a 2-step form. The first part of the form would be a yes/no question with a button that says "next step". If they answer "yes", then it take them to the 2nd part of the form. If they answer no, it takes them to a page that says "thank you for your interest... etc."
I couldn't find instructions for setting this up. Can you direct me?
Thank you so much!
- fivetownhoopdreamsAnswered on October 03, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Hi Ellen -
This is possible by using a condition on your form, if a "condition" is "no" then do this... if yes, then do this etc...
There is a condition button on the setup and embed tab at the top of your form. Search "YES NO Conditions" in the forum search box, there are many topics on how to do it.
- EliezerNAnswered on October 03, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Thanks for contacting us Ellen.
Just as fivetownhoopdreams said, what you need can be accomplished by applying conditional logics. I have made an example form to show you the steps you need to follow:
We'll use the method of the guide "How to Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once Based On a Single Conditional Entry" to accomplish what we need:
1. In the first part of the form add the fields you wish and also add a Radio Button field as in my image:
2. Then add a Form Collapse from the Survey Tools tab.
Set the Form Collapse Status as Open and the Visibility as Hidden.
3. Then add the fields of the Second Part of the form. Also add one more Submit button.
4. Then, add one more form collapse just before the last Submit button. Set the Status and Visibility like the first one.
5. Then, create the conditions:
A- The first condition is: If Next step? Is equal to Yes, Then Show Part 2
B- The second one is: If Next Step? Is equal to No. Just Submit the form, Then Show SUBMIT.
Then just save the conditions and the form and test it. Here is my form to see how it works: https://www.jotform.com/form/32754332816859
I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, let us know.
- EllenEmmerichAnswered on October 03, 2013 at 01:01 PM
Thank you so much for the clear and thorough instructions and for your speedy reply. Hopefuly this set up will be just the ticket. I'll let you know how it works out for what I need.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 03, 2013 at 01:45 PM
I am very glad that Eliezer's advice was of help
Let us know if further help is needed on regards to this question. If you have an unrelated one, please open a new thread