- gbodle1972Asked on October 09, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I have set up a conditional form (based on your previous help--THANKS!) that displays fields depending on what option is selected. I wish for the email submission of that form to only display the fields that are displayed on the conditional form depending on which of the Options is selected. As of right now it is showing ALL fields regardless of what option is selected as opposed to ONLY the fields that appear as a result of the condition.
Here is the example form I'm working on thus far
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 09, 2013 at 11:43 PM
You can hide the empty fields on email. To achieve this you should enable "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" property under "Advanced Settings" of your form's preferences.
Please be informed that this feature will work only on default email template of your notification alert. That means if you change the email content of your notification alert, this auto hide feature will not work.
Here are the steps to enable "Hide Empty Fields on Emails":
1. Load your form in editor
2. Click on "Setup & Embed" tab.
3. Click on "Preferences" from the toolbar
4. Under "Advanced Settings" tabn select "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" and enable it.
Hope this helps.
- LandingsAnswered on March 12, 2016 at 02:06 PM
I was SO hopeful when I found this answer to my exact question, but after following the steps and saving the form anew, it still displays all of the fields, even those that are set as conditional and don't even appear to the person filling out the survey.
I tried clearing the Jotform cache just in case that was the problem, but it persists.
Any other suggestions?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 12, 2016 at 02:18 PM
I moved your question to this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/793399.
We will assist you as soon as possible.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on December 16, 2016 at 03:07 AM
I moved your question to another thread, please follow this link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1013191.