What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
My form conditions are not working properly.Asked by zenhome1123 on October 14, 2013 at 02:31 PM
To Whom It May Concern:
We are having a few issues with this new form we created. Can you help?
1. The form is being emailed twice to our client. So once completed it is being emailed twice back to the user.
2. We would like to see the email address of the user when the form is emailed to us. We currently see the person's name and then our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Depending on which location the user chooses (NY or SF) the form should be emailed back to respective locations. I don't think this is happening.
Looking forward to your reply!
email conditions notifications JotForm
Hello. The problem is that you have put a conditional on the notification only and you did not put a conditional notification on NY and SF.
I have fixed the said issue and the email should work properly and will not send twice.
I have also checked your auto-responder and notification templates they seemed to be mapped correctly to your email. You should see their email addresses on their individual submissions.
Please let us know if the above corrections meets your specifications. Please do a submission test. Thanks
Thank you for making the changes for us. The only issue is that when the form is emailed to us we would like to see the client's email address so that we can reply back to them easily. Currently we see the client's name but our email address (email@example.com) in the "From" field.
I just tested the SF form and unfortunately the SF form was emailed to our NY office, which is incorrect. So basically when a client clicks NY the form should be emailded to firstname.lastname@example.org and when a client clicks SF the form should be emailed to email@example.com. I hope this makes sense.
Since the second question is a bit different from the first one, so we would appreciate if you open a new thread to make this question. In that way will be able to give you the proper assistance and at the same time will prevent any confusion.
3. If you wish to receive the notification form in a certain email address depending on the choice/location the users takes, you need to create notification that will be sent based on some conditions. To learn How to accomplish that please follow this guide: How to send to a specific email address based on a selection?
So after you create the notifications:
- The first condition that will send the notification to firstname.lastname@example.org if the user chooses NY, needs to be in this way:
- The second condition that will send the notification to email@example.com user chooses SF, needs to be in this way:
I hope this helps, however if you still need further assitance, don't hesitate to contact us.
In addition to what my colleague has posted, I think it is more clearer now. Sorry for the confusion. Does your "Confirmation -NY" and "Confirmation -SF" templates go to your client or some department on your company?
Because if you reply to these auto-responder templates for some reason that it is handled by a division in your company, it will immediately use your email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is the case, my suggestion is for you to create another notification templates(not auto-responder) so that if you reply to this template it will reply to your customers.
I also advise to separate your email address for NY. If you can create something like email@example.com this should help greatly to avoid confusiion on what email you should reply.
With the above suggestion if should the case is like that, you will end up with 5 email templates namely:
"Notification 2" - This goes to your primary
"Notification - NY" - This goes to your NY division. They can reply with SF client immediately
"Notification - SF" - This goes to your SF division. They can reply with SF client immediately
"Confirmation - NY" - This goes to your NY client
"Confirmation - SF" - This goes to your SF client
Let us know what you think about this setup. Thanks