- skyrunAsked on October 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
on this page which uses the submission viewer app, there are 2 formatting issues:
1) when people type their 'story' in as text they put CR's in to format it slightly. the CR's are in when you edit (not when displayed, but they are when edited) so they're being stored. they're also in the email i get. however on this app, the cr's are removed so it's all just one big paragraph. on the e
2) there's something strange regarding the rotation of the image when displayed. i'm pretty sure that whatever image displaying routine you're using is ignoring the rotation property in the jpg.
i think it's happening when people take a photo sideways, then rotate it, then save it to jotform. jotform seems to ignore the rotation (stored in the jpeg?) and displays it rotated still.
you can see what i mean on the first sideways image of the man in the dark on the webpage i gave below. the image was correctly oriented when the user saved it, but displays sideways everywhere in jotform. if you save that sideways image to your workstation and open it with any viewing program, it's oriented correctly (ie it's rotated portrait). saving it again doesn't help. the only way to save a correct version is to screen grab it in the correct orientation.
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on October 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Hello I was able to replicate the said issue by recreating the Larson family from the Submission View App. This is what I came up
About the image:
I am not sure how your users rotate it upon submission. But I use the normal Windows image viewer to rotate this photo and it renders well on Submission View App. It does not goes sideways in the App. May I know how did you or how did your users rotate it? This should help us investigate the image problem.
For the text formatting concerning the Carriage Returns:
I am having the same issue here. The submission viewer app omits the CRs like you said and became 1 huge paragraph.
I will escalate this issue to our development team so that they can further investigate on this matter. I can not give you a proper timeframe but they will post their updates here. Thanks
- alp_denizAnswered on October 16, 2013 at 01:43 PM
Thanks to you, I have covered many bugs today, including CR issue (fixed). Though, I could not replicate any image rotation problem. Maybe it is browser-specific?