- denarathbunAsked on October 20, 2013 at 08:10 PM
Hi. Can you please let me know if there is any reason why individual form submissions are being grouped together in one email? Several forms from different users are being sent together in a single email. It's somewhat confusing. I'm trying to figure out if it is due to a setting on our form or if it is a setting in gmail causing it. Please advise if you can.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Are you using gmail for your email services of your domain "soonjasbakery.com"? Grouping of email is actually done by the email clients and we don't have control over it.
Many email clients now group emails based on sender email/name and the subject line. To solve this email grouping problem, you can actually add a unique id field in your form and then append it in your notification email template subject line. Now every submission emails your receive will have a unique number in the subject line which will prevent email clients to group your submission emails.
Here are the steps:
1. Load your form in editor.
2. Add "Unique ID" field from "Power Tools"
3. Find the name of this "Unique ID" field. Check this guide on how to find field names: https://www.jotform.com/help/146-How-to-find-Field-IDs-Names
4. Click on notification email and add the field name in the subject line:
Hope this helps.