- audabeeAsked on October 24, 2013 at 03:16 AM
Love the sub account feature (only just discovered it). But I only want the sub accounts to be able to read the submissions - NOT edit or delete submissions.
That is, I'd like them only to be able to download the submissions and view the pending but not edit AT ALL.
Is this possible?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 24, 2013 at 03:44 AM
You can share your forms with another user to view / edit forms or submissions. This type of users are to assist you in your work. You can also restrict the access as:
1. Edit forms - Sub account will be able to edit the forms shared with them.
2. View submission data- Sub account will be able to view / edit submissions of the forms shared with them but they will not be able to edit the form.
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to allow sub account to have only read permission on the submission data.
Here is the guide which should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/232-How-to-Share-Forms-with-a-Sub-Account-User
Hope this helps you. Do let us know if you have further questions.
- audabeeAnswered on October 24, 2013 at 03:48 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply, ashwin_d!
I'll work out a way to back up the data (in case someone deletes it).
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 24, 2013 at 04:01 AM
I'm very pleased that I was able to help you.
FYI, you can integrate your form with google spreadsheet which will also work as a backup. If someone delete a submission record, the data in your google spreadsheet will remain unchanged. Editing a submission record will update the data in your submission list but it will add a new row in your google spreadsheet.
Here is a guide which should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/228-How-to-Integrate-Form-with-Google-Spreadsheet
- audabeeAnswered on October 24, 2013 at 04:03 AM
You guys rock! That's exactly what I needed.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 24, 2013 at 04:07 AM
You are welcome.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.