I am a newbie trying to design a website for a client on an apple iMac using iWeb. I have used your CONTAT US form for the client's contact page.
On the SITE details in iWeb, I have the client's email address.
I would just like to know,...if visitors visit that website I am creating and decide to contact them, when they hit the submit button, will the email go to the client's email address or will it come to my email address...(I used my email address to sign up to Jotform)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Thanks for asking. By default, notifications of submissions via forms you create will be sent to the email address on record in your account. However, recipient addresses can be easily changed. Please see the following user guide articles for details:
Please let us know if you need clarification on anything and our team will gladly assist you.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM
By default it will be sent to the same email address that you used to create your account.
There are two types of email alerts that can be sent when a form is filled up and submitted.
1. Email notification - this is an email alert that are sent to the owner of the form. it notifies the owner that someone made a submission using his form. This type gets automatically created once you create your form
2. Auto responder - this type of email alert is the one being sent to the one who submitted the form. You can also call this as your Thank-You email. You will need to create this as this is not automatically created by the system
To check and/or edit your email notification settings:
1. Edit your form and go to Setup & Embed tab, then click email alerts on the tool bar
2. An email list will show up. (You can add more email notifications and/or auto responders if you wish if you click the Add New Email button)
3. Once you click Notification from the email list, there is another window that will show up. You can edit the contents of the email that you will receive. Click the Reply-to and Receipt Settings button.
4. After clicking the button, it will bring you to the next page. There, you can edit the sender name, sender email address, and the recipient email address. You can also add more emails in the recipient email address field by separating them with a comma (,).
Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
If you have other questions or concerns, just let us know.