- DougRobisonAsked on October 27, 2013 at 02:08 AM
I am conducting a contest for Holiday home decorating which will require 2 forms. One for homeowners to enter their home in the contest and one for voting. Can the addresses submitted as entrants be copied automatically over to a drop down box in the other form so voters can pick thier favorite? Or do I have to do that manually?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 27, 2013 at 02:42 AM
You can pass value from one form to another so that's possible, however if you mean pass the value from the first form to the 2nd form and make it as the dropdown field options then sorry but that's not possible with Jotform.
If you only want to pass value to the 2nd form, here's a guide:
1. Copy the field variables on your 1st form that you'd like to pass to another form.
To get field variables, check this visual guide:
2. Construct the prepopulate URL using this app. http://prepopulate.jotform.io/. Just browse your 2nd form, write sample data then generate the prepopulated URL.
3. Last, removed the sample data from the generated URL and replace it with the field variables that you copied from your first form and then set that URL as your first form's thank you URL.
That's it! Test your form afterwards!
***Note: Since you are using dropdown, the data from the first form should matched any value of the dropdown field so when the form is loaded, the dropdown field will set that value as default.
Should there be any questions, do let us know here.
- DougRobisonAnswered on October 27, 2013 at 01:13 PMOK thanks. It sounds like what I want to have happen I will have to copy and paste manually. I was hoping there was some way that once an entrant entered their address on form 1, voters could automatically see that address on form 2 in a drop down menu.
- CesarAnswered on October 27, 2013 at 02:13 PM
Unfortunately the value cannot be passed to the second form as an option on the dropdown menu, the value must already exists in the dropdown menu.
If you do need any other assistance. Do let us know. Thank you.