- mchrist793Asked on June 03, 2011 at 02:37 AMI have added several different file types to my upload button, but it still will not allow. I keep getting the following message:
(VTS_01_2.VOB has invalid extension. Only .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls, .csv, .txt, .rtf, .html, .zip, .mp3, .wma, .mpg, .flv, .avi, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .mp4, .mp3, .ppt, .pub, .m4a, .mov, .vts, .vob, .m4v, .m2ts, .dvr, .264, .mp4, .flv, .bup, .mts, .psd, .png, .MOV, mpeg-4 are allowed.)
even though I added to the list. please tell me what I'm doing wrong
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Change the Allowed File Types in the Upload Field
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 03, 2011 at 02:45 AM
I can confirm the existence of this minor glitch. I have created a report ticket for this issue to notify our developers. We will update you on the status of this ticket via this thread so please stay tuned.
Let me know if there's anything else you want to add. Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Jotform.
- serkanAnswered on June 03, 2011 at 04:57 AM
Instead of writing every extension you can just type "*" in the extension box and it will allow every extension.
In the meanwhile I'll check this problem, it seems like a case sensitivity issue.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 03, 2011 at 04:42 PMAnswered by
I'm sorry but that did not seem to work either- now it will not even allow
me to browse
I noticed you entered "*" in the extensions option. Please remove the quotes "" and leave only the asterisk * to allow upload of any kind of file.
Hope this helps.
- mlarniemAnswered on August 08, 2011 at 08:42 AM
doesn't work for me, have the same issue.
- allanftdAnswered on August 08, 2011 at 09:22 AM
Thank you for your message. To ensure that you cover all bases, please include other case combinations of the file extension, i.e. vwx, Vwx, vWx, vWX, and others. Do not include the . in the extensions, like .vwx or .VWX. And lastly, please ensure that you adjust the maximum file upload limit to accommodate larger files.
Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!
- NACWPIAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 12:31 PM
The * worked for me. I am now able to accept m4a files, thanks!