- johnmaclulichAsked on November 04, 2013 at 08:20 AM
When uploading multiple files, or large files (or both, of course) the submit button simply changes to "Please wait".
There is no feedback for the user. A progress indicator is essential in these circumstances as it can take several minutes for anything to happen. How can I implement a visual feedback - a progress bar, or timer, or counter?
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on November 04, 2013 at 09:18 AM
Hello, From my own testing, the submit button changes to "Please wait..." but there is some kind of progress status below my "Upload field tool" Like the one shown from the image below
As you can see from the above, there are progress completion status of each individual files from 0% to 100%.
Your form has it too
Can you please confirm if you still have no progress status on your end? If it is, can you please give us which form is it. Thank you
- johnmaclulichAnswered on November 04, 2013 at 09:31 AM
Yes - there are rotating upload indicators and a percentage complete display.
But when these show the files are uploaded, do they actually appear in teh submission list? Is it necessary for the user to click the "Submit" button to complete the transaction? If not, can the "Submit" button be removed from the form?
- khrisellAnswered on November 04, 2013 at 09:40 AM
But when these show the files are uploaded, do they actually appear in teh submission list?
- Yes it will appear in the submission list on the notification email and the submissions page.
Is it necessary for the user to click the "Submit" button to complete the transaction?
- Yes they need to click the submit button and without the submit button the submission will not be processed and be able to collect the input data.
You can remove the submit button but your form will not become functional as they will not have an option to submit the form.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
If it is a new topic, please open a new thread so that we could assist you better and avoid any confusion.
Thank you for using JotForm.