- DanielAsked on November 11, 2013 at 02:33 AM
I have created a intial page where a person enters their name and email address. They then select a category in which they wish to continue into. By selecting that category they will be taken to another page which breaks down lists of things they want to check out. What i would like to do is connect the information from the first page into the chart that is emailed with the info from the second page.
How would i connect the two?
I hope i explained it well. Sorry for any confusion.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 11, 2013 at 03:10 AM
If you mean pass the data from the first form to another form, here's how:
1. Copy the field tags on your 1st form. These tags must be the fields you want to pass on the 2nd form.
To get field tags, right click the field on the form builder then select "Show Properties" and copy the tag (the one wrapped with curly braces) under field details. See screenshot below.
2. Use this app to prepopulate data on your 2nd form: http://prepopulate.jotform.io/. Just browse your 2nd form, fill in sample values and generate the URL. Copy the URL and paste it to notepad. Replace the sample values you filled in to that form with the field tags you copied from the first step.
3. Lastly, set the modified URL as your 1st form's custom thank you URL.
Test your form afterwards. It should pass the field value from your first form to your 2nd form.
If you need further clarification, let us know here. Thanks!