- shaunnaylorAsked on June 06, 2011 at 09:18 AM
- shaunnaylorAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 09:24 AM
Paypal pro keeps saying "misconfiguration" when i enter credit card details, the paypal side of it is fine
I use paypal pro could you please check
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Can you make sure these?
- Make sure you have entered all PayPal Pro variables (API username, API password and Signature) correctly. Erase them, copy and paste from their site to make sure they were not copied partially.
- Make sure you have agreed to all agreements on the PayPal pro site. PayPal Pro might seem active but actually disabled until you agree all terms checkboxes. This happened to several people in the past.
I looked at the logs. It says "This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration." So, the second one seems more probable.
- guest_30063357885055Answered on January 07, 2013 at 07:37 AM
I've got the same error all the time. I cannot find how to check if there is "not accepted" policy. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 07, 2013 at 08:13 AM
According to the following page, the problem is related to the merchant account configuration.
10500 Invalid Configuration This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. Occurs when you have not agreed to the billing agreement. 10501 Invalid Configuration This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. Occurs when the billing agreement is disabled or inactive.
You should login to your Paypal Pro account and make sure that you have enabled and agreed to the billing agreement option.