- CCatherineAsked on June 06, 2011 at 04:36 PMI have this set up to go to a URL, but it is taking me to a different much older uRL that doesnt exist anymore. Is there a URL anywhere else that is overwriting it?
This is a re-post of a comment on Redirecting Users to a Different Page
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 04:43 PM
Can you tell us the ID of the form with this issue?
- CCatherineAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 05:55 PM
10031217020 I believe
also, i answered this on email as i couldnt find the original question, apologies if this messed things up.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 09:48 PM
Just FYI, if that's the form, it has two Submit buttons. Were you aware of this? I don't know if this might be the cause or part of the cause of the problem.
What is the URI you wish to re-direct to on submission?
- CCatherineAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 10:08 PM
actually the whole form looked a little mess up now, i think its because it auto saved while I was frantically trying to get to the bottom of it
this particular form, I want to direct to here: http://www.wisewomenrock.com/contact-confirm.html
if you can check the thank you page, you should see it there. ive tried the usual tricks, deleting it, making a new one, using a default and then putting it back.
at some point I think the url it goes to WAS correct, so it must be buried deep inside somewhere.
I think I might make a new form for now, although I would like to follow through on why this is happening
thanks for your time
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 10:35 PM
In addition to what Wayne saw, I would like to point out that you also have set a condition, where if an email is filled, your form will go to http://wisewomenrock.com/WWR/Relationship.html, instead of your default custom thank you page.
A conditional redirection supercedes any thank-you content or URL that you have in place.
To remove this:
1. Go to Conditions page by clicking Conditions above the form
2. A pop-up will appear, click the Saved Conditions, at the bottom left of the pop-up
3. Put your mouse cursor on top of the saved condition, a red circle with a white dash will appear. Click that to delete.
Let us know if this fixes your problem.
If you have other questions or concerns, please do let us know, we'd be glad to assist you.
- CCatherineAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 10:46 PM
ok, why on earth would anyone add a condition like that?
the mind boggles. I at least feel better for not finding it.
Thank you very much for the very quick response!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 11:17 PM
I'm not sure how to answer that, but one thing I'm certain of, conditions are not created by default when making a form. It's possible if you have any colleague who also has an access to modify your form could have added that.
It is our pleasure to provide solutions to questions and concerns like yours.
- CCatherineAnswered on June 06, 2011 at 11:31 PM
My apologies, I know the fault is not with the form, it is indeed with a colleague and it is said colleague that my frustration was aimed at for a truly spectacular peice of "Why would you do that!?".
Sorry for the mis-understanding and again thank you so very much for the quick and informed response.
I will look at setting up a paid account to offer on my web design firm