- tmoconAsked on November 13, 2013 at 06:32 PM
About 25% of the time I fill out a created Jotform, I receive an email response. The rest of the time nothing happens. It is not in my mailbox at all (spam folder, deleted, etc.). Also, I've saved email@example.com as a safe sender. This is very aggravating to me! Help!Page URL:
- khrisellAnswered on November 13, 2013 at 08:36 PM
I have checked your email addresses and both are not in the bounce list. And according to our mail logs, both emails are working properly.Current Server: /var/log/jotform/amazonSES.log:[13/Nov/2013:18:31:47 -0500] 32943271918157 AmazonSES Sent email to firstname.lastname@example.org - MessageID:0000014253ce701d-336399e8-b4a3-492d-9d23-47ea79e5af1c-000000 - RequestId:c375810c-4cbb-11e3-88c6-c91c914294af
Sent email to email@example.com - MessageID:0000014253ce6eed-ad0acd63-ee35-4ba0-bd08-3849bd0b52a2-000000 - RequestId:c347457c-4cbb-11e3-96d5-ffc16c12fa51
You can also see your submissions data on your submissions page.If problem persists, please contact with your email provider and request them to add JotMail's IP Addresses to their whitelist.
JOTFORM IP LIST:
Alongside this, it is also a good idea to Add us to your Contacts List and also even Whitelist these Domains of ours since this can help too.
JOTFORM DEFAULT MAILSERVER LIST:Noreply@JotForm.comNoreply@FormResponse.com
JOTFORM MAILSERVER DOMAINS LIST:us-app2.jotservers.comjotservers.comjotmails.comjotform.comamazonses.comemail.amazonses.comjotform.cosecure.jotform.cos3.amazonaws.com static-interlogyllc.netdna-ssl.com
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- tmoconAnswered on November 16, 2013 at 12:43 PMThis still isn’t working for me. My district’s network administrators added the IP addresses to the whitelist as suggested. I’ve tried this on multiple occasions by submitting forms over and over again. I even switched the email address to my personal gmail account, which it did work for, but it will not work for the emails ending in d211.org. I’ve looked at my junk mail, searched every folder I have in my Outlook program, filled out the form in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. No email alert is sent!
I don’t want to use the submission form because this will be operated by one person while viewed by another. I’m looking to avoid giving the viewer any additional responsibilities other than simply opening the email with the information attached in the form. Please advise.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 16, 2013 at 02:35 PM
We apologize if the issue with your form causes you trouble and inconvenience. Another good solution would be to use Mandrill SMTP to send emails. You have to create a 3rd party account at Mandrill and get the provided SMTP details. Check this article to learn how to setup Mandrill:How to use Mandrill to Send Emails From Your Own Email Address.
With Mandrill, you have the ability to see outgoing and bounce emails. This is good for identify issues for custom sender address.
Kindly try it and let us know for the results.
- tmoconAnswered on November 17, 2013 at 01:00 PMThe Mandrill option didn’t work either. The few times that it has worked, I didn’t include the uploaded attachment that is part of my form. Could that be part of the problem?
So for example, I have the option on my form to submit a file. I’ve tested it with an upload and without. The ones without an upload worked some of the time while the ones with an upload hasn’t worked any of the time. Could that be part of the problem?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 17, 2013 at 04:20 PM
Yes. It is possible also that the file upload issue is preventing the form from being completely submitted thus not having a submission notification.
It will be best if you do create a separate thread for this new issue.
Click on this link http://www.jotform.com/contact/ to create a new topic/thread.
Provide as much details as you can including the form used that you think is having issue.
We will attend to your new post as soon as we can.