- cisco35Asked on June 08, 2011 at 01:49 PM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 09, 2011 at 06:31 PM
When getting your embed codes, make sure to tick the Secure form checkbox in the Embed Form wizard.
Alternatively, you can just replace http with https in your embed codes to have your form display as secure.
Please do update us on how this solution works for you. Feel free to post again if you have other questions or if you need further assistance with this issue. Thank you for doing your business with Jottform.
- ciscoAnswered on June 16, 2011 at 02:33 PM
Thanks, Neil. The message is still there. Do we need a paid JotForm account in order for this to work properly? I need this project wrapped up today or my client may go elsewhere. Please help!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 16, 2011 at 03:05 PM
It is working fine on my end now. I am not getting any message from IE when trying to load up your site. Please try clearing your browser's cache/temporary internet files so that the website will be loaded anew.
To clear your browser's cache:
1. Press Alt-Ctrl-Delete keys at the same time
2. Check 'Temporary Internet Files'
3. Click Delete
4. Just to play it safe, restart your browser
Please let me know how this solution works for you. On another note, upgrading your account to a paid subscription increases your account's capability to accept payments from 10 to 1000 (Premium). For more information, click the link below to view our pricing plans.
- cisco35Answered on June 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM
We got it to work. Thanks for your assistance. It is really appreciated.