- millennialtransportAsked on November 25, 2013 at 05:10 PM
I am creating an employment application using jotform and some of the field names are the same (for instance putting in addresses that the person has lived at. Do all these have to be titled differently?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 08:54 PM
No, it is not required to name all the form fields differently. You can have multiple form fields with same label and it should work just fine. When you add a field in your form, an ID is assigned to that field which is unique throughout the form. This ID is used to save all the submission records in the respective field of database.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- millennialtransportAnswered on November 26, 2013 at 09:24 AMThank you, the reason that I asked is because on the form I have multiple places where dates need to be entered (employment ranges, etc..) and I keep getting errors saying that they aren’t valid dates??
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 26, 2013 at 09:42 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
Are you still getting invalid date error in your form? Upon checking the only form you have in your account, I was unable to replicate this issue. I was able to send you a test submission without any issue.
Do get back to us if the issue persists.
- millennialtransportAnswered on November 26, 2013 at 10:02 AMDid you do different dates on all the date fields?
- millennialtransportAnswered on November 26, 2013 at 10:05 AMOne more thing, any reason why the email sent to me would drop some questions out of the order they were in?
These two ended up at the bottom.. several times because they weren’t required.
Were you subject to the FMCSRs while employed here?
Was your job designed as a safety-sensitive function in any DOT regulated mode subject to the drug and alcohol requirements of 49 CFR Part 40?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM
The default template might appear to be messy. However, you can setup your email message to your convenience.You can even use a text processor to make your email body to appear fancy or use the toolbar , in order to place the fields in any position and order
For further non related questions, we appreciate that you open a new thread and we will gladly assist you