What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Regarding JotformsAsked by cubique on November 26, 2013 at 08:15 AM
Hi there, I have some questions regarding the paid jotforms
1. Secure SSL forms, regarding this, I'm not too sure what does a Secured SSL form mean, would you kindly explain it to me?
2. Submissions are when a person fills up the form and submit, am I right, if I delete a submission, would it still count as 1?
3. What if someone spams my jotform by submitting many forms? Is there a way in which I can lock it such that only people with the username and password are able to enter the form?
4. Sub-user account, what does this mean?
Thank you so much for your help!
Thanks for contacting us.
1. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. So, that emans that the information sent through a secure form is sent applying this standard security technology so that it can be protected.
"SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers."
2. You are correct, submissions are the results of the form that people sends. Deleting your submissions will not reset your submission counter. Your submission counter will get reset every first day of each month. So, deleting submissions will not work.
As your last questions are not related to the first two, we would appreciate if you open a separate thread to each one of them so that we can give you the proper assistance and in that way avoid any confusions with the previous questions and answers.
Thank you for your prompt reply! Sorry if my questions seems a little silly because I am not very good at IT stuff.
The SSL is basically so that it is harder for "hackers" to access the data of the forms?
I've found an answer to question 3. Will post question 4 in a new post. thank you!
JotForm Support Manager
SSL data will "travel" in a secure way. Basically what the SSL does is to send data with a high level of encryption through out SSL servers. Forms embedded in the non secure version will still send encrypted data, but the level of encryption is different
Thanks for helping us to keep one question per thread. We are always here to help