- intrawc73Asked on December 01, 2013 at 05:55 PM
Hi,I do not understand, when I put a text in "Default value" there are spaces unwanted which is created. How do I remedy this problem?
Thanks in advance
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 01, 2013 at 08:19 PM
I'm not sure why that has happened. Was the text entered manually, or was it copied from a Microsoft Word document? Copying text from Word documents sometimes causes problems.
- intrawc73Answered on December 02, 2013 at 03:09 AMit was copied from Word. -I have to rewrite everything manually?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 05:02 AM
Not necessarily. The document just needs to be converted into a plain-text file. Please try the methods explained at the link and let us know if it helps.
- intrawc73Answered on December 02, 2013 at 07:51 AM
The problem is still present even with your method, how? :/
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Can you try using this tool to clean the Word characters that are messing the HTML editor?
- intrawc73Answered on December 02, 2013 at 03:00 PM
In no way solve the problem... :/
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 07:37 PM
It looks like that we will need to improve our Text Area tool to work with the long default value texts.
In the meantime, you can try the following workaround.
1. Format your Default Value to make sure that you do not have any extra spaces and breaks.
2. Switch the Text Area to our Rich Text mode:
3. Remove your Sub Label text, since it might conflict with the complex layout of of the Rich Text tool.
Note, when the Text Area is set to Rich Text mode, you can use html tags in Default Value to style the text.
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 09:14 PM
This issue has been resolved now for a while. For plain text no spaces are added:
For rich text line breaks need to be in HTML such as the BR tag. We will explore if we can improve setting default values for rich text area fields.
Please let us know if you have any questions or still are experiencing an issue.