- TeamFatBirdAsked on December 02, 2013 at 10:17 AM
When downloading an excel document from my forms, I get the following error message:
"The file you're trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source"
When we open the .xls or .csv files, the data seems corrupted - although it looks ok on the screen.
This is the first time it is happening to us.
Please advise how we can get this resolved.
- medwardsAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I am having the same issue. Need to complete monthly reports today, so please resolve ASAP.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Excel problem has been fixed.
Please accept our sincere apologies for this temporary glitch. Please, log out and log back in, download again
Let us know if the problem persist in your side
- henri2398Answered on October 16, 2014 at 08:31 AM
Easy and simple way to fix the corrupted excel file is to use the inbuilt utility provided by the Micrsoft that known as " Open & Repair".
Or you can use third party MS Excel repair tool. It can easily fix both xls and xlsx file format.
- KadeJMAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Thank you for the additional suggestion.