- ehgcAsked on December 05, 2013 at 09:49 PM
how do i actually use this?
SMS confirmation widget.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on December 06, 2013 at 08:23 AM
Please check the following URL for more information on how to use "SMS Confirmation" widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/sms_confirmation
Basically, you have to sign up for a free Twilio account which should give you free credit to evaluate the SMS confirmation service. Here are steps you should follow:
1. Sign up for a free Twilio account.
2. Get your phone number of Twilio account.
3. Get your "Account SID" and "Auth Token" of your Twilio account by clicking on the "Dashboard" of twilio website.
4. Go to http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/sms_confirmation and click on "Get Now"
5. In the "SMS Confirmation Settings" window, input all the information and your integration is ready:
Please be informed that trial accounts cannot send messages to unverified numbers. You need to verify that number manually or purchase a Twilio number to send messages to unverified numbers.
Please test it out and get back to us if you have any questions.
- ehgcAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 07:13 PM
see attachment http://screencast.com/t/Fh1xo1oBwvv
i dont have anywhere to input the Twilio details
any ideas why its not showing
- CesarAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 07:33 PM
Currently the Widget should display the following uptions below the Template configuration. If this is not the case I would advise to clear your browser's cache, log back in to your account and try the widget one more time.
Alternatively, you can use the Properties option, by clicking on the gear icon, then selecting Properties. You will find the Twilio Account SID, Twilio Account Auth Token and Twilio Number fields below:
Do let us know if you need further assistance, thank you.
- ehgcAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 07:44 PM
thankyou yes that worked!
- systematedsitesAnswered on April 01, 2014 at 03:05 PM
I have a similar problem... however for me, I'm able to input my twilio details and get the widget to work in the JOTFORM builder window, however, when I try to preview the form outside of JOTFORM... it does not work. Additionally, if I leave the JOTFORM editor and then relaunch it... all of my twilio details are erased from the widget and I have to re-enter them.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 01, 2014 at 05:13 PM
You are probably getting the embed code, not the direct link of the form, which you can get from the top at the Embed Form Wizard:
-On regards to saving the changes, you must click on save (at the top left side) on the toolbar, in order to save the form along with Twillio.
If the problem persists, please open a new thread, provide with images or more details so we can better assist you.
- jooAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 03:54 AM
please, what does it mean that trial accounts cannot send messages to unverified numbers. You need to verify that number manually or purchase a Twilio number to send messages to unverified numbers.
what is the meaning of verify numbers here?? and is trial account is for limit time only or forever?
please tell me, after I create this trial account on Twilio and fill all details on widget, IT WILL ALLOW ALL USERS WHO FILL THIS WIDGET TO RECEICE
- jooAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 04:09 AM
SORRY I PRESSED POST ABOVE BY WRONG!
please tell me, after I create this trial account on Twilio and fill all details on widget, IT WILL ALLOW ALL USERS WHO FILL THIS WIDGET TO RECEIVE CONFIRMATION CODE ON THEIR PHONE NUMBERS WHICH THEY WILL ENTER IN WIDGET , THEN USE THIS CODE TO CONTINUE REGISTRATION ON WEBSITE ??
ALSO, WILL I SEE EACH PHONE NUMBER WHICH ENTERED BY EACH SUBMIT FROM USERS IN THE REPORT WHICH WILL SENT TO ME BY YOU IN EACH SUBMIT ?
NOTE: THE NUMBER WHICH I REGISTER WITH IN TWILIO IS RUSSIAN NUMBER.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 28, 2015 at 10:11 AM
Nishant, your question will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/713503. Thanks