- cfransonAsked on December 08, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I would like to have a field that represents a previous deposit amount that is deducted from my purchase order form. Is there a way to accomplish that?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 03:28 AM
Sorry but that's not possible. We do not have such option in the form builder. Since that would require fetching data from the previous submissions I'm afraid we can't provide you any workaround. Sorry about that.
If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know by creating a new thread. Thanks!
- cfransonAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 09:28 AM
No, I mean just a field where they could enter an amount that they'd previously put down as a deposit that would be deducted from the Purchase Order form total.
this is the form i'm working with
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 09:47 AM
That functionality isn't currently available in the form builder but if the form's full source is embedded into a web page, a short script could be added to the said page to deduct from the total whatever amount is entered the field. We would supply the script. Would such a setup be a viable option in your case?
- cfransonAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 09:56 AM
that would be a great help. My fundraisers all pay the same deposit of $160. They would then enter that amount to deduct from their final order and arrive at the correct amount due. Total minus $160.
- cfransonAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 09:58 AM
here is the form i'm working wth.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Okay, thanks for that. I should have a solution for you sometime later today (Barbados time).
Ciao for now
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 09, 2013 at 09:32 PM
Please complete and submit this demo as often as you wish, choosing different options and checking the auto-response you get in your email inbox after each submission.
Would that functionality be okay?