Problems with Attachments, Required Fields, etc and Error MessageAsked by heathersl on December 12, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Hi - I've been doing some final testing with my form before I release it to my client, and there suddenly seems to be a number of issues:
1) A calculated field is not populating the correct response - Field Tech Name is supposed to populate down into a second Tech Name field - but it's been giving me only the first letter in the name (I've just checked it, and it seems to be working now - but weird, huh?)
2) Required Fields are not being required- all are marked as required on my form in edit mode, but I am able to skip them when completing the form. This is new
3) Is there a maximum number of attachments? I have not been able to submit forms with a large number of attachments - the Please wait message sits for ages... I haven't noticed this issue before, but no luck all day today
4) Got this error message eventually in re: #3Oops!Error on query: REPLACE INTO `answers` (`form_id`, `submission_id`, `question_id`, `value`) VALUES (33296311496256, '252679108902150962', 468, 'Full Report')
Error returned:Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`jotform_new`.`answers`, CONSTRAINT `answers_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`submission_id`) REFERENCES `submissions` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)Details: File: /www/v3/builds/e475eaeccbad3ef88fd881835ac9e1e91efbea45/lib/classes/DB.php Line: 386
5) Data from previous tests is being autofilled into test submissions, despite clearing the cache in my JF account, and the other browser.
My users will be filling the form from a direct link, not embedded on their site.
My form is located at http://form.jotform.ca/form/33296311496256
Am I just having glitches today??
We are truly sorry about that.
I just checked your form and the mentioned populate fields work just fine. Kindly recheck it with your browsers cache cleared. Most of the reported problem seems to have been resolved.
By the way, we would greatly appreciate if you could separate each unrelated questions to a new thread so we can assist you better. Unfortunately, we can't handle different questions per thread. Sorry about that, and we thank you for your understanding.
Our apologies for any inconveniences caused.