- zugfrig78Asked on December 15, 2013 at 08:04 PM
HI Guys, im startign a new thread as asked as my original problem was solved and now i have a new one........ OK so ive been introduced to widgets, they look pretty cool...... ive had a go at making one which can be seen at http://tpctestsite.weebly.com/ .......... while i think this is close to exactly what im looking for, there a few cosmetic changes that will make like much easier for my users........
1) my left list has 45 names, how do i make the height longer so i can see all the names rather than scrolling down to see them............
2) how can i add some script to limit the number of choises a user makes, eg i want the user to choose 24 names, no more no less.... i have had this done for me in an older form see here where there is a countdown in the left top corner of the form showing how many left to select and when it gets to zero no more names can be chosen. see it here http://tpc14.weebly.com/flemington.html ...........it also disables the submit button until the required number of players are chosen,..............
3) when i get the email the names are shown as name, comma, namme comma and so one while in my old form they would list down the screen which is much easier for me to paste into excel...........
4) when a user chooses names, the names rearrange inthe slected box in alphabeticall order regardless of the order they were chosen. While it comes through in the email inthe order that the user selected them in, my users like to see for themselves the order in which they are selecting them as they are ranking their choices and want to make sure they are happy with the order before submitting.... by showing alphabetically in the right box it is easy for them to forget in which order they have chosen them........
5) very cosmetic but if number four could be done, could the colour of the names changes from black to red after the first 18 names where chosen (eg for the last 6 names chosen.............................
IF I HAD TO CHOOSE, NUMBERS 2 AND 4 WOULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT.........................
- zugfrig78Answered on December 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM
also just looking another widget called dual listbox.... it kind of has a count feature which counts up as you add names fromt he left to the right..... could that theory be applied to the visual multo select widget?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 16, 2013 at 03:40 AM
Thank you so much for the constructive screens, we greatly appreciate that.
I have escalated your request to the developer who created this widget. Unfortunately, I couldn't guarantee you of it's implementation since this depends on the developers time and priority. Rest assured, as soon as we get updates from the dev or whatever decisions he may add, we will update you here as soon as we can.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 16, 2013 at 03:51 AM
By the way, some of your requests are quite complex so I don't think that's doable on that widget. Anyway, I still have added it on the request ticket but honestly, there's a lower chance that they'd be implemented.
- zugfrig78Answered on December 16, 2013 at 06:51 AMHello.What about option 4 only on either of these scripts?......... http://tpctestsite.weebly.com/ ...... or ......... http://tpctestsite.weebly.com/5678.html so that the right hand box displays the order in which the names were chosen, not alphabetically
- EliezerNAnswered on December 16, 2013 at 09:33 AM
Your request has been forwarded to our dev team, including the option 4. So, we just need to wait for the update from them to know if this implementationa are feasible or not.
Once we get any information from our dev team we will update you via this thread as soon as possible.
- zugfrig78Answered on December 17, 2013 at 05:59 AMThanks. While we wait for a response from dev, as a work around could I paste the widget in the page twice and lock out any names in the second widget that have been already chosen in the first widgetSame question for this widget http://tpctestsite.weebly.com/5678.html
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 17, 2013 at 09:56 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible. Both the widget are not connected to each other so it's impossible to take a control. This thread is already assigned to one of our developers so let's just wait for the updates. Hopefully, sooner.
- zugfrig78Answered on September 01, 2015 at 07:41 AM
i know now it's been a long time.
did anything ever come of this
- BenAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Unfortunately this is not yet been developed - as soon as it would be you would be updated about it through the thread, but I do believe that another widget might be of use to you.
Please take a look at the following widget: Dual Listbox.
Would that serve the purpose that you are after?