What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Sometimes my google drive fails to receive all of the uploaded photos and the formAsked by wesince2013 on December 17, 2013 at 02:22 AM
I was pleased to find out your great form. I am also pleased that it can be integrated with google drive to receive form and uploaded files.
However, I still face a few challenges when using your form and hope for solutions from your company.
1. sometimes I can just receive part of the uploaded files. For example, one of my customers uploaded 18 photos and filled in the form. What I received was just 10 photos and the form. For sure i can find them out by looking over the form and download, but this is annoying and I do not expect to do this after paying for your service.
2. When receiving lots of files from one form, about half of the files disappeared. For example, one of my customers uploaded 100 photos, at last half was gone.
3. Sometimes customers cannot access the form. When entering the URL of my form, the customers saw error. Only when I login to your website to view my form can this problem be solved. How can I solve this?
I will be very grateful if the first two problems can be solved completed as this really makes your form perfect. Thank you for your attention and I am looking forward to your response.
Please refer to my response to your questions accordingly.
1. The multiple-upload field have a limit of 10 file uploads at a time and also the maximum file size per upload session is 1GB. It is either of this 2 limitation had been reached the reason not all files were uploaded during the time.
2. It must be similar case to reason #1. Please understand that JotForm was not meant to be a file uploading service. So, it will really not accomodate a bulk of uploads of 100 files in one session.
3. It would have been good if you have contacted us immediately when this occur. If it is still happening at this time, can you please provide us more details about the error encountered? We will check this then.
Thank you for contacting us. Please don't hesitate to do so again anytime should you need our assistance.
So here is my proposed solution. Please tell me whether this works.
If my customer, say, has 100 photos and I have 10 file upload buttion
If he uploads 10 photos into each button, can the problem be solved?
Sometimes my google drive cannot receive all the files, but when I downloaded the original pdf form from your website and checked whether the photos are here, they were right inside the form. So the problem is that some photos were not transferred to my google drive.
Any solution? As this means a lot to me. I request serious and useful answer. Thank you very much.
Theoretically, that method should work. However, there are a lot of factors that can cause upload failure.
I have just performed a test to try and recreate the problem you have described but to no avail. However, the number of files I have uploaded did not reach 100, so there's that.
Please try out the workaround you have proposed and let us know if the issue recurs. We will think of workaround for this problem and possibly contact the developer responsible for the integration.