- ForthenvironmentlinkAsked on December 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I can't see the form on my edit panel and also the link to it says that I need to enable Java (which is already enabled)
Can you help?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM
You are much right, even though the form shows in your panel (on my admin view) I was able to replicate the issue. The form is asking to enable java, which is not the case as my browsers are all java enabled
So I'm forwarding the issue to our 2nd level, to investigate and advise
- ForthenvironmentlinkAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 05:49 AM
I can't see it on my edit panel at all. I think there is a code somewhere in this form that says that you can only see the form when java is enabled. Could you remove this in the meantime while the main issue gets resolved? I had added this because some applicants were allowed to submit the form without uploading pictures and I wanted that to be compulsory. In any case, I rather have this form available and get the pictures emailed.
- ForthenvironmentlinkAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 05:54 AM
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 09:30 AM
I can't find that code in your form now, did you managed to resolved this?
I think I was the one who provided you that code because it looks so familiar. :)
If you'd still like to use this solution, you have to take your form source code in the form builder and host it on your own so you can do further customizations on the form's HTML code. If you need further assistance about this, let us know here.
Thank you so much!
- ForthenvironmentlinkAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM
The code was at the top of the form as you had suggested in February to add it. I think Jeanette removed it as it is no longer there and more importantly I can see the form and it's all looking good.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 04:36 PM
Great to know that. And, I can confirm that the issue is fixed. Contact us if the issue would happen again.