- fantastickevinAsked on December 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I can't find a tutorial how to auto display value while typing.
For example If I am typing "in" it will display India, Indonesia, etc.
The Idea is I have over 5000+ shipping cities with its prices.
I want to display the shipping fee automatically based on value they input and select them from result.
Please see the screenshot for better understanding. Thanks.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on December 23, 2013 at 02:31 AM
Auto complete feature works on the static hardcoded data which needs to be entered by you. When user start inputting the text in the auto complete field and if the character matches with any of the string you have already set, it will give you the hint to select from the list.
Here are the steps to add and configure auto question.
1. Load your form in editor.
2. Add "Auto Complete" question in your form which you can search in "Widget" tab and add it in your form:
3. Select the auto complete field just added in your form.
4. Click on the "Items" tab from the form toolbar to add the auto complete texts.
Here is a sample form I have created for you: http://form.jotform.co/form/32888098615873
I am not sure on the performance of form if 5000 items are added but it is very much achievable.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- fantastickevinAnswered on December 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Hi Support, thanks for the answer, it does help. However what I am trying to achive is how to auto fill the field base on the data they enter?
I have 2 fields:
1. City; resolved with auto complete solution above.
2. Shipping fee; How to auto populate this field with price based on value in City field?
I have more than 5000 cities with its different prices. How to achive it? Or it's possible using Jquery without loaded all data to increase page loading speed?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 25, 2013 at 03:30 AM
Thanks for the additional information. Seeing that there are so many cities, maybe our GeoComplete widget would be more suitable than the Auto Complete one. However, I can't presently think of a way to have another field auto-populated with a price based on the selection in the first one.
Perhaps my colleagues may have a solution.
- fantastickevinAnswered on December 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Hello Support, thanks for the answer but unfortunetly it doesn't really help. I have a list and I want only the cities in the list that shows up when they are typing. Any idea please help. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on December 26, 2013 at 02:13 AM
It looks like a custom script is the only way to achieve your goal. Check out our Widgets API to learn more. The Widgets API will allow you to create custom form field that can communicate to your list of 5000 cities.
- fantastickevinAnswered on December 29, 2013 at 08:59 AM
Come on please help.. I can't make it to use API,I am not a programmer.
Can you create one? I believe in the future many people will use it.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM
How about the example given on this page: https://shots.jotform.com/welvin/pages/searchable-dropdown-with-calculations.html. Using a searchable dropdown - custom scripts added to the form source codes. Calculation feature enabled to the form. Let me know if this works for you. This is one of the easiest way I could offer.
- fantastickevinAnswered on December 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Hi Welvin, the sample above is something I am looking for. But why the city price doesn't show when we pick one of the country? Actually what I wanted is more simple. I only want when we choose the country (in my case city) and it will show the price. That's all. But the problem is it contains 5000+ cities. Can you please help?
Happy New Year :D
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 31, 2013 at 06:00 PM
Sure. I can see what you mean. The pricing sets will work if you will type it, example, first to three letters then choose it from the list. Don't choose it directly. Will try to check this and make sure everything would work per your requirements.
The country list is possible. Since we use the source codes, we can simply add the list manually. I'll get back to you, i'll do my best.
Can you also finish your form format? OR, let me know the form fields. What are the fields you'd like to add?
- fantastickevinAnswered on January 01, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Hi Welvin, thanks for working on this. For now, I only need 2 fields:
1. City: auto complete as we discussed above.
2. Price: auto populated based on city.
After it's done I will try to integrate it to the payment form.
Thanks a lot :)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 01, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Thanks for the information about the form format. Will do the changes and get back to you. Our pleasure to help :)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 08, 2016 at 01:53 PM
@txforesttrail: I have moved your inquiry into a new thread and will address it there shortly. Here's the link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/901150.
- txforesttrailAnswered on August 08, 2016 at 01:59 PM