- prossersAsked on June 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM
I am trying to use the form on windows mobile 5 and the submit button does not appear correctly. It does not respond when you try and press it. Do you have a solution to this issue pleasePage URL:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 24, 2011 at 06:01 AM
Can you tell us which browser you are using to view the form? Also, to be clear, are you using a PocketPC or a smartphone? We look forward to your correspondence. Thank you.
- prossersAnswered on June 24, 2011 at 06:12 AMHi I am using windows mobile 5 (PocketPC) Internet Explorer not sure of the version. I have tried it on WM 6.5 and its ok but I need it to work on WM5
I have been using response-o-matic forms this works ok I would like to use yours it looks more flexible
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 24, 2011 at 06:31 AM
I noticed that the form you're having problems with has all fields set as required. Are you sure that you have filled out all information before trying to submit the form? Have you tried submitting on a form without required fields such as this form?
If you still weren't able to submit in other forms, will it be acceptable to use a different browser such as Opera Mini?
Please try using that other browser. Let us know if the problem still persists after trying out the different tests I have suggested above
- prossersAnswered on June 24, 2011 at 06:54 AMHi
I do have all fields required, The submit button not being available is the issue. I have just installed Opera Mini and the submit button is available. This gives me a new issue that when you populate a field the browser refreshes every time and looses the data
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 24, 2011 at 11:54 PM
So far I have tested your form using IE browser on WM 6.5, an Opera simulator on my Windows PC, and on an android mobile phone. Not once did I experience any issue. It's too bad that I don't have WM5 to test it on.
Regarding your new issue:
Could it be that you were accidentally pressing the Return keys on the virtual keyboard that is why the form tries to send but refreshes instead? I can't seem to think of any reason why these issues happen on your device. There is a probability that the device you're using is the one that's causing all those problems
If the form works on any other mobile device, then we can safely conclude that the problem lies with your particular device.