- dsmartdesignAsked on January 05, 2014 at 04:56 PM
It seemed I was not the only one who was looking for a solution to have your visitors choose whether or not they want to be added to the newletter list.
Frustrating that JotForm doesn't seem to have an easy fix, but I figured a workaround.
What I did was:
1. Added extra (required) name and email fields under the subscribe checkbox.
2. Added a condition so that those extra fields will only be displayed if if subscription box is checked.
3. Set the mailchimp integration to pull the name and email values from the extra fields set earlier.
Since the condition is set, the extra fields will only be required if the subscribe box is checked. Works for me.
I hope this works for you all as well.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 05, 2014 at 07:33 PM
Thank you very much for sharing your solution.
I checked and tested your form http://form.jotform.us/form/40046668581156 and it works.
I will make sure that your effort get shared to the users as well.
We also aplogize for the initial frustration you had since we were delay in attending to your question at the time.
But seems all is well ends well.
Please do contact us again anytime for any assistance you need.