- organicarableAsked on January 08, 2014 at 11:26 AM
The link below shows the form I am creating. The two rows of field at the bottom are below a Collapse Field and yet partially appear when the from is previewed or run. There is a heading and text field below the ollapse field which doesn't appear. Please can you give me some guidance. Thanks. Andrew
- EliezerNAnswered on January 08, 2014 at 01:02 PM
That is happening because of the Closed Status of the form collapses of your form.
You need to setup the Status as Open when creating show/hide conditions using form collapses as instructed in this guide:
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you need further assistance with this inquiry.
- organicarableAnswered on January 08, 2014 at 04:13 PMThanks for your help but I still have problems. The Collapse Field, Title Field and Text Field below the are hidden and then appear when the “Have you / or are you going to plant milling wheat?” question is answered “yes”. However the other text fields about variety and are appear the whole time. Surely these should have the same properties as the Title and text fields and not be visible?
tel 08456 521 706 mobile 07980 955490
- CesarAnswered on January 08, 2014 at 06:08 PM
After performing some tests on your form and a clone of your form I was able to replicate the collapse problem. I will go ahead and add a ticket for the development team so that they can evaluate this matter further. Unfortunately I cannot provide an ETA on when there might be a solution on this. Nevertheless, once there are any updates, you will be notified on this thread. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 01:39 AM
The last form collapse on your form is set to Visibility:Hidden and Status:Closed, hence the problem. Please set the collapse's Status to 'Open' to solve this problem you're having.
I will also have this fixed, because form collapses that are hidden and closed, for whatever purpose they may serve, should not behave this way.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on February 26, 2014 at 05:03 AM
Is there still a problem with form collapse fileds?
I can't seem to get it to work. I added a couple of form collapses near the end of my form to reveal a terms & conditions area and an agreement checkbox below that that remains visible.
So the first collapse is set to closed and visible. It reveals a page embedded with the embed widget. Beneath this area I put another form collapse with the settings as
visibility = hidden and Status = open.
This should therefore show anything beneath it should it not??
Well it doesn't. It also hides the submit button for the form so I either need to have this fixed or I need a solution to my pop-up window requirement here.
- EliezerNAnswered on February 26, 2014 at 09:16 AM
Thanks for opening your own thread and sharing it here with us. We will reply to you as soon as possible.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on February 26, 2014 at 06:07 PM
I didn't actually start a new thread for the collpase fields. That link was for something else as an alternative but here is the link to a new thread about collapse fields...