- GMScottAsked on June 24, 2011 at 11:56 PMHey Wayne,
Thanks for getting back to me. Nice homework in researching my e-mail domain, unfortunately I am creating these forms for a different domain and am not sure that your solution will work and I'm still trying to figure out the workflow.
I think I can describe hopefully a more "doable" situation for what I need and would love your guidance and help.
1. Restaurant selects their Restaurant Name and/or Review Event Date from a drop down and then enters their e-mail to receive the password for the Response Form. (I guess a separate Submit form needs to be created)
2. An e-mail is then sent to them from the Submit form with info on how to open the Restaurant Response form.
3. On my website I would like them to enter the password received AND/or the Unique ID which would then bring up BOTH the completed Review Form and the Restaurant Response Form. (ultimate wish is to present both the completed Review Form & Restaurant Response Form side-by-side) This would allow them to respond to what was actually reviewed without having to flip back & forth between either two web pages or their e-mail & the Response Form.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, along with simple (very simple please) step-by-step instructions!
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 27, 2011 at 10:38 PM
I think I have answered your question in this other thread that you have created. Let us know if there's anything else you'd like to ask about.