- bgorskyAsked on January 10, 2014 at 09:20 AM
I am looking to take the email entered in the form and have it appear as the sender in notifications. However, when I go into Email Alerts configuration, use of the field on the form is not an option as it is in the Reply-to Email. See attached screenshot. How can I resolve this?
- jedcadornaAnswered on January 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Thank you for contacting us. If you want your own email to appear as the Sender's E-mail you have to choose "Add a Sender Email" then choose "Verify address" then an email with a verification code will be sent to you to to verify the email. Please see this detailed guide here http://www.jotform.com/help/238-How-to-Add-a-Custom-Sender-Address-to-an-Email-Alert.
- bgorskyAnswered on January 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I have a form that multiple users are going to be using and I just want to be able to capture the email address they enter when they fill out the form. I don't want to have to verify dozens of emails in order to do this. Is there any simple way to do this?
- jedcadornaAnswered on January 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM
2 ways to capture the email address of the user.
1. When the user submits a form you can see the data in your submissions page
2. You can setup a simple alert that everytime someone submits a form all of the data will be sent to your email including the email field which is filled out by your customers. Here's a guide on how to setup a notification https://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
I hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.