- LaurihikingAsked on January 20, 2014 at 06:10 AM
I'm using the matrix survey item via the 'survey tools'. I'm also using the 'drop down' box option for my matrix. I see that the default responses for the drop down box are 'yes, no'. How do I change the default responses? In my example, I want to make the possible option selections to be '1, 2, 3 or 4'. Thanks much in advance for your help!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 20, 2014 at 07:01 AM
Yes you can change the default dropdown values to "1,2,3,4" in the matrix field. Here are the steps to change the default value of your dropdown box:
1. Select the matrix question of your form and click on the gear looking icon.
2. Click on the "Show Properties"
3. Click on the "Dropdown Options" property and then change the values to desired texts:
I have cloned your form and changed the dropdown values to "1,2,3,4". Take a look at this form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40193205951955?
Feel free to clone this form and take a closer look. This guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- LaurihikingAnswered on January 20, 2014 at 12:30 PMThanks. solved my problem.
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 07:01:59 -0500
Subject: Re: How to change input possibilities on Matrix drop down boxes
- Anastasia_ldAnswered on January 14, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Hi how about if i want to change the drop down text for different columns?
Name Id Date of birth
For each one of those fields i would like a different type of drop down text
Is it possible?
Here is my form:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 15, 2015 at 09:54 AM
Unfortunately, not possible. If that's the case, try our configurable list widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/configurable_list.
We've made a special guide for this widget, kindly check it here: http://www.jotform.com/help/282-How-to-Set-Up-the-Configurable-List-Widget.