- RSwallowAsked on January 20, 2014 at 07:57 PM
I have an online form created with Gdocs. It is for student registration to a dance school. I can download the form and see the csv data; most useful.
What I'd like is for a database to be created from this. I do not know how to code anything other than html and css.
I'd like an interface (form perhaps) that members can log into with their own username and password. I can establish the username from their initial Gdoc form completion. They can establish a password.
I want users to then be able to log in an view their details. View only; nothing else. I would add to their details (modify the dBase) the results of dance exams they take. I want them to be able to see that exam result detail instead of me mailing out 101 individual results.
Can I use jotForm to set this up?
I've pretty much read all i can on this website but cannot see a way to answer ALL I'm wanting. Can anyone advise please. Thanks.
- CesarAnswered on January 20, 2014 at 09:42 PM
Hello, form my understanding is you would like for user to be able to view their own details online through a webpage with read only access only. Individual access to each individual submission that has been made through a form. Correct?
In the form scheme of things, JotForm would be capable to gather submission data without any problem. You could then utilize a data export app: http://apps.jotform.com/.
Such as, http://apps.jotform.com/app/mysql_export. To export data out of JotForm servers. In turn import the data to you own system. Where users can access their data. For that you would still need to design an external application that would handle that functionality.
- RSwallowAnswered on January 20, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Thanks. Good to know it can be done. i sort of follow your comments but have no clue how to set this up. I wonder if there is anyone here who might like to help me please?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 03:12 AM
We can provide you assistance as much as you need setting up your form. If there is more you required that is out of the context, we will still do our best to hellp, but we have to consider some limitations to what we can do if its beyond our expertise.
Base on the discussion so far, I think you can achieved your requirements doing the ff: process.
1. Setup the hosting of your database. MySQL database is more commonly use nowadays.
This something only you can do on your end.
2. Create your interface form. We can provide you all the assistance creating your form.
3. Refer to this guide http://www.jotform.com/help/126-Form-to-MySQL . This guide should help you understand how your database can be populated with data coming from the form submissions.
4. Or you can directly use the Apps suggested by my colleague http://apps.jotform.com/app/mysql_export
This process should get you started.
Contact us anytime for any assistance you require on doing this procedures.