- occidentalhealingartsAsked on January 21, 2014 at 07:51 PM
It is included on the form sent to my email, but I need it on the form submitted to jotform as it needs to be a secure form. How do I fix this? Thanks. Lynn
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 11:42 PM
By default, empty form fields are hidden from the form submissions page. If you want to show the field even if its unfilled, just click settings and uncheck "auto hide empty fields"
- occidentalhealingartsAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 05:00 PMThank you for the reply. There is a total in the box. It shows up on the
form in my email, but not on the submitted form on the jotform website.
- occidentalhealingartsAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 05:20 PMThis text shows up (GRAND TOTAL (Section I & Section II) but the box where
the number is inserted does not, so the total number is not shown.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 06:38 PM
Thank you for the response.
I did a test submission (sorry for the inconvinience) and the result appears to show as below:
Can you view the first two submission values for the Grand total field?
Please do a test submission, does the problem persist?
Please send a screenshot of the email you recieved from this test.
- occidentalhealingartsAnswered on January 24, 2014 at 02:50 PMThank you for your help. I do see the the totals and grand total on the
test you submitted. I went to my website and filled out the toxicity form
and all of the totals were visible. However when I put zero in the total
box it was not accepted as a value. Can that be changed? Sorry, I don't
know how to take a screenshot. Thanks. Lynn
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 24, 2014 at 04:53 PM
I have cloned your form for testing, and I was able to recreate that bug you have reported.
With that said, I submitted a report ticket to have our developers rectify this problem.
We will inform you as soon as this gets fixed. Thank you for your patience.
- occidentalhealingartsAnswered on January 24, 2014 at 05:10 PMThank you!
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on January 29, 2014 at 03:03 AM
Are you still experiencing this issue? I couldn't replicate it when I tried. If you are still expriencing can you please explain exactly what the problem is so I can fix it correctly.
Sorry for any inconvenience.